What is the Money Matters property section?
The property section will enable our customers, like yourself, to access a wide selection of residential (homes) and commercial (office, shop space etc.) properties to rent and buy. To begin with, it is expected that many listings will cover Lagos, Abuja and Port Harcourt, but additionally, we are working at ensuring the provision of nationwide and international coverage as soon as possible.
Why choose property from this section?
We will endeavour to provide many options, regardless of your circumstances, as well as membership features to provide a smooth and stress-free experience.
Furthermore, there are a number of key developments that have occurred in recent times. Here are some of a few:
- The launch of the NMRC (The Nigerian Mortgage Refinancing company) by the Federal Government (circa 2011) which has the purpose of enabling more and more customers to buy a home
- The increased availability of competitively priced mortgage options to further help assist home-buying customers
- The launch of various ‘Rent-to-buy’ schemes by many state governments, particularly targeted at employees in the civil service and government agencies/parastatals, but also available to other Nigerians working in the private sector etc.
- The launch of the first nationwide properties’ prices index which has the purpose of providing accurate valuations and ensuring market efficiency
How do vendors use this section?
We invite all vendors that wish to list their properties to do the following:
- Make contact with the property team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agree on fees per transaction, sign and submit our commercial agreement, preferably by scanning and emailing the doc(s)
- Create a membership login/profile (this can be done first, but an agreement will need to be signed as soon as possible thereafter)
- List the property or properties and options that you wish to make visible to our property purchasing customers, as well as an enticing description and photos to maximise enquiries
- Wait for viewing requests to be submitted
- Once viewing requests have been made and satisfied, await any offers that materialise
- Any offers will be submitted along with a reservation fee to indicate seriousness
- Once the above has been done, you’ll be prompted to accept the offer, usually by email (occasionally by phone)
- Once the offer has been accepted, one of our team will discuss the next steps in concluding the property purchase, or where the process is explicitly documented, this will be communicated to the purchasing customer.
Vendors will benefit from page viewing statistics which will help gauge the popularity of properties, as well as any customer feedback which can be used to improve the listing/make any necessary amendments to maximise your prospects of success.
How do purchasing customers use this section?
Customer are invited to do the following:
- Create a membership login/profile
- Browse property options by location, price etc.
- Save searches and ‘favourite’ the properties that you’re most interested, in case you wish to resume your search at a later stage
- When you’ve decided on any of the properties that you’re most interested in, submit a viewing request along with your ideal viewing time and date
- Once you’ve done the above, ourselves and/or the vendors will provide the viewing confirmation time and date
- Once you’ve viewed the property or properties you’re interested in, if you’re ready to proceed with your choice of property to rent or buy, you can select the option to make an offer, along with a small reservation fee to ensure your offer is accepted by the vendor
- Upon completing the above, you will receive confirmation (usually within 48 hours) of offer acceptance and be notified as to the next steps required to complete the rental/sales purchase of your property
What else can I expect from this section?
You can expect key blog and news insights to help you better understand the current property market conditions, including the availability of increased options, as well as changes within the nationwide property market and much more. Essentially, we’ll continually be working to better equip you in terms of your understanding of the market, which will enable you to make the best decision for your circumstances.
How do I contact Money Matters to discuss a key matter or emergency?
We invite you in the first instance to email our properties team: email@example.com.
If absolutely necessary, you can also visit our ‘Contact Us’ page for further contact options/details.